A family has lost four (4) of its female children (three sisters and their cousin) before dawn in Aghoro community, Ekeremor local government area of Bayelsa State. Eye witness attributed the cause of their death to generator fumes own by the father. The unfortunate incident happened over last weekend.

Aghoro community is the home town of Hon. Fred Agbedi, member representing Sagbama/Ekeremor Federal constituency in Nigerian house of representatives.

According to reports, the siblings were killed by generator fumes at their home. The deceased were said to be primary school pupils identified as the children of Demedogha London and Stephen Binasuode.

READ ALSO:  Global Economy: Bayelsa State Govt Downsizes MDAs

The deadly fumes emanated from a recently acquired generator placed at the balcony of Demedogha’s bungalow.
The distraught father of the deceased children, told newsmen that, he kept the generator at the balcony far from the room of the girls. But he woke up by 6am the next day only to discover that the generator had shifted close to the room door where the girls slept.

“The generator was outside but it was on tiles. The generator shifted close to the door. At about 6am, I came out to put off the generator and saw that it was close to the door. Eventually when I entered the room I saw that all the children were dead” the generator owner narrated.

READ ALSO:  Christmas: Promote Peace, Brotherliness, Diri Urges Bayelsans

Addressing newsmen at Aghoro, Chief Etiti Sagbegha advised everyone to keep their generator far from their bedroom, adding that the fumes have been confirmed to be deadly. However, a resident who gave his name as Victor called on SHELL to complete its electrification project in Aghoro community to avoid such tragic incident that claimed lives of four sisters in the community in the future.

Bight News

Email us @ info[at]bightnews.com
Call or Whatsapp: +2348138420671